ethical responsibility

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When a child is faced with a problem, the child would turn to his parents for advice, shelter and love. At the same time, the parents would dutifully attend to him. Children depend on their parents in all of their ways. They have faith that at dinner time, there will be food on the table to feed his almost empty stomach. On the other hand, it is the parents ethical responsibility to provide and meet their physical and emotional needs.

I realized that i have such ethical responsibility over the people around me. And they are so used to depend on me, it hard to shake them off bcz I'm afraid that they cannot survive without me.

A good parent will look after their child well. Their children's growth is a painful process that their parents must accept. To realize that one day, their children will eventually hit adulthood and MUST leave them. Parents cannot look after their children forever. So, discipline is important.

I came to realize that it time to let them fall, feel the pain and get up on their own. Often, before they can hit the floor, I am already lying at the bottom to cushion them from the hurt that they will have to bear. That's because i know that the pain is indescribable.

Most of the time I will clean up their mess. By doing that, i end up very messy(haha. m i making sense?). So, I will stop doing that.

0 comments: