RED is never my favourite colour

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Usually I'll follow my parents back to my mom's hometown, Kuching, Sarawak every Chinese New Year. This year, we just lazed around in pj/kl. I've never celebrated the red, loud season here before. I think I did stay back for CNY, just that the memory slipped.

In Kuching, our CNY is more like a vacation. We'd visit all the favourite food stalls, even if all were close, we had to check it out despite the experience over the decades. Then, we'll visit all the relatives, friends, relative's friends and friend's friends just to see their elaborately decorated house. Now you know why my house look more like Balinese resort. Then we'll try to do all the visiting, eating and shopping in 4-7 days.

This year is different. Kl has a different culture. So we visited some of our relatives and spend most of the time united as a family. The five of us would go shopping, eating KFC, shopping, visiting, shopping, trying to catch a movie(trying bcz we didn't catch one), shopping and shopping. NO, a new collection from the latest fashion hasn't been added to my wardrobe. I want to invest, remember? So, I really enjoy my holidays. At least it's not cramming all the stuff in a few days.

With so much time and so little to accomplish, my 10 days break from uni seems longer. I can study, do all my assignments, do all my reports and study for the next quiz and play. Feels more like a holiday. You know, have you ever see the sun rise? When u wake up very early and wait for the sun, the morning seem longer and you can enjoy the great view. Rather than waking up late for class, rush and by the time you're fully booted, the sun is already at the top of your head.

So I did enjoy and I really feel the CNY mood this year.

I'm such a workaholic. I did all my school work in between and I frown when parents didn't tell me the day before that they planned to go shopping yesterday. I mean I would have gotten up 4 hours earlier to study!

So I did my school work 6 hours straight after those shoppingssssss.

0 comments: